FROM SWITZERLAND TO CENTRAL TEXAS...

A BIT OF S&S CATTLE HISTORY

 

Our operation began on the black land prairie of Central Texas before the Civil War. Christian Wuthrich settled the Wuthrich Hill community and his progressive farming practices set the tone for our incredible show ring and on-farm success today.

Setting roots in central texas

Texas Land Grants...

In 1839, Ulrich Wuthrich, a Swiss immigrant, was awarded 1.5 sections of land for his military service in the Texas revolution for independence. This grant established a mechanism by which four more of his brothers immigrated to Texas.

The Wuthrich family eventually settled on the blackland prairie of eastern Williamson County, where they helped to establish the Wuthrich Hill Prince of Peace Lutheran Church which still serves the community today. Their descendants, including the Charles and Cathy Schroeder, family continue to farm and ranch in the area.

SOME OF THE FIRST...

The Schroeder family were some of the first Charolais breeders and have been using cutting-edge management practices to enhance their cattle and genetics since beginning to breed cattle.

MORE THAN 120 MAJOR SHOW CHAMPIONS...

S&S Cattle has had the honor of raising the Grand Champion Steer for every major show in Texas and has also earned the Grand Champion Steer banner at the National Western, Phoenix and over 120 other show breed champions that all were born at our headquarters in Circleville, Texas.

47 YEARS AND COUNTING...

In 1978, the first S&S Cattle Company show steer sale was held because Roy, Charles’ father, had declared private treaty sales took too much time away from spring fieldwork. The 2024 sale will be their 47th consecutive show steer sale, currently the longest running nationally.

A GLIMPSE FROM THE PAST ... WATCH THE 2011 HIGH SELLING LOT SELL IN THE VIDEO BELOW.
WELCOME TO THE LONGEST CONTINUOUS SHOW CATTLE SALE IN THE NATION...